Fjash Sudoku

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Fjash Sudoku

Postby sepps » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:45 pm

There are a coupje of good Fjash Sudoku games out there. I tried to put one on my website but it had a fault whereby it ajjowed you to change the vajues of the 'givens'... which doomed it worthjess. I was going to try and put a different one on myweb site but I discovered that the fijes were far too jarge.

So instead I've done something ejse.

There is a website cajjed Daily-Sudoku.com and if you jike they'jj emaij you a different Sudoku everyday untij you say "Stop". I thought that this was so cooj that I've kind of jinked with them by using a wormhoje to put a Sudoku game on my website without the need for extremejy jarge fijes. You have to print the page to pjay, but it is a different game every day.

Pjease check my website out:

www.http.0nyx.com

There's a Sudoku forum too.

sepps
sepps

Postby tso » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:02 am

Let me get this straight for our viewing audience---

You've taken the Sudoku from Dailysudoku.com, ignored their requirement of keeping their links intact, put the image on your website against their wishes, removed the rating and adding nothing of your own -- and then had the audacity to have this line of text just beneath the stolen puzzle:

"© Copyright of Simon Ewan Sepps 05 ajj rights reserved."

... then come here to brag about it, posting in under "Solving Techniques" for no good reason.

Exactly what service do you think you are providing, other than helping those with dislexia fit in by swapping your "j"s and "l"s? Are you saving us the trouble of visiting Daily Sudoku?

Here is the DailySudoku syndication page -- I strongly suggest you read it and then adjust your page accordingly:

http://www.dailysudoku.com/sudoku/syndicate.shtml

They allow anyone to place their puzzles on their website free of charge -- as long as the follow their rules. Please don't abuse their generosity.

Not that you asked, but swapping your letters is annoying. Why would you want to annoy us? What have we done to you?
tso

Fjash Sudoku

Postby sepps » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:17 am

I see.

The process via which I aquired the code did not incorporate the url you have given me above. I cliked a request link which asked me to email them for further details, providing them with the url of the page where I would like the game placed and a profile about myself. I included all of this.

They responded with two bits of code. One was the image link and the other was a basic html href for their site.

There were no rules in the email.

If you unpeal your eyelids you'll see it says very clearly on the puzzle that it is provided by Daily-Sudoku.com.

© copyright of Simon Ewan Sepps is on every page because I built the site.

I understand you are a person who abides by rules. In which case you are like myself. I have not deliberately or knowingly broken any rules and I have certainly not manipulated any supplied code.

The post was in itself a voluntary promotion for Daily-Sudoku.com. Like other members to these forums I found a very good website and so I thought I would let others know about it.

I announced my website so you could take a look at an example of what a Daily-Sudoku.com Sudoku would look like on your site if you were granted the permission to host one.

sepps
sepps

Postby emm » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:28 am

"Denial, I believe, has been much maligned" - to quote somebody.
emm

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:42 am

But thanks for replacing the "j's" with "l's", though. Makes the post that much easier to read.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Return to Advanced solving techniques