Extremely Hard Sudoku

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Extremely Hard Sudoku

Postby TheMoop » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:03 am

Does anyone know where to get, truly hard sudoku puzzles? I ordered Absolutely Nasty Sudoku: Level 1, and was disappointed to find that it requires only basic solving techniques. I then skipped right to level 3. While these puzzles are more challenging, they are still not hugely difficult, requiring only XY and XYZ wings, the occasional unique rectangle and X-wing. Almost no difficult grid coloring patterns or higher level fish patterns.
Where's a good site (or a good book, for that matter) where I can get really hard sudoku? For me, sudoku is the most fun when I have to spend and hour or so staring at the same puzzle before a solution finally dawns on me!
TheMoop

Re: Extremely Hard Sudoku

Postby tarek » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 am

This is for a change a good marketing scheme: Say that you don't like something & in the process descibe it completely. Don't forget the link at the end :D
tarek

Re: Extremely Hard Sudoku

Postby JasonLion » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

(I'll play this game :) )

Try Sudocue.net for really hard puzzles. They stopped updating in 2008, but there is still a large archive of very difficult puzzles there.

Sadly, the iPhone app you are pushing isn't capable of solving a actually hard puzzle. It just keeps pumping out steps where it has no clue what to do next and doesn't suggest anything.
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Return to General