Export Puzzles to Hudoku

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Export Puzzles to Hudoku

Postby Forumer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:38 pm

I just registered today. I couldn't find an answer to my question but most likely it already exists.

Is there a way for me to export puzzles in this forum so I can see them in a program like Hudoku? My hunch is that "Code: SELECT ALL" may be a start.

Thanks
Forumer

Re: Export Puzzles to Hudoku

Postby SpAce » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Forumer wrote:Is there a way for me to export puzzles in this forum so I can see them in a program like Hudoku? My hunch is that "Code: SELECT ALL" may be a start.

Simple copy-paste works nicely in most cases. You can highlight the puzzle manually or use CODE:SELECT ALL (if the puzzle is the only thing in the CODE block). Either way you need to copy the selection and then paste it into Hodoku. It accepts puzzle strings, puzzle grids, and pencil-mark grids. It only fails if there are extra digits or certain characters in or around the grid, so those must be edited out before pasting.
-SpAce-: Show
Code: Select all
        *        |=()=|    /  _  \    |=()=|               *
            *    |    |   |-=( )=-|   |    |      *
     *                     \  ¯  /                   *   

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi."
SpAce

Postby Forumer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Thank you!
Forumer

Postby Pupp » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:31 pm

If you know which format the code is in, you can just copy/paste the puzzles into an editor. I wouldn't use Notepad, since it has a limit on how big a file is. I use Wordpad most of the time, or Libre Office. Either way, you need to save the file as *.txt.

After saving the file as a *.txt, in Wordpad or another editor, you just change the *.txt to the file format Hodoku can use. You need to rename the file to whatever format that was the code you copied off the internet.
Pupp

Postby ghfick » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:08 am

HoDoKu will accept .txt files. The native .hsol format is the default.
ghfick

Postby Pupp » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:28 am

ghfick wrote:HoDoKu will accept .txt files. The native .hsol format is the default.

Cool.
Pupp

Return to General