Diagonal Sudoku (and other variants)

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Diagonal Sudoku (and other variants)

Postby nj3h » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:20 am

Can someone please provide a listing of programs (downloadable for Windows) that can create and solve Sudoku puzzles with diagonals being in play? I would like to have such a program in my collection when I want to try something a little different.

Also, are that any programs (downloadable for Windows) where you can create and solve Sudoku puzzles with 6x6, 7x7, etc and also with other than the standard 3x3 (for regular Sudoku) blocks? I would love to find such a program that allows the odd-shaped blocks for the 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, etc. sized puzzles.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Regards,
George
nj3h

Postby tso » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:49 am

Both the free Solo and Pappocom Sudoku (available the website hosting this forum) can create Sudokus of various sizes.

Vegard Hanssen's site has an enormous collection of Sudokus in the wide variety of variations, some combinations are of his own concoction. The site doesn't generate them on the fly, but there are several million to chose from.

DJ Ape .Net - The Home of Perfect Sudoku has Classic 3x3, Killer, Samurai, Killer Samurai and others. Many have have diagonal groups as well. Archives of puzzles plus software to download.

Binary Worlds has unlimited Samurai puzzles.

This Japanese site as a variety of overlapping puzzles, etc.

This one generates Sudoku X.
tso

Return to General