Deciphering terminology

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Deciphering terminology

Postby novice » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:13 am

To Tarek: As a novice, I'm looking for advanced solving techniques. I am working 3-star (or "medium") puzzles but would like to be able to solve them better and move on to higher-rated puzzles. I'm quite new to this puzzle and so do not understand the terminology in the solving techniques. Wondered if you (or another patient soul) could help bring me up to speed. (I have a book, but it only addresses the beginner solving processes.) There is a Tarek posted with some info that looks great, but I can't decipher. Especially concerning locked pairs and remote locked pairs and some quadrangle techniques. I stumbled onto the locked pairs thing myself, but I still get tripped up sometimes, making false logic assumptions. Anyway, any help you can give is appreciated.

PS: For comparative analyses, I'm so new that the only way I can figure out how to post a question to someone is to click on new topic. I sent this same email to Crazy Girl, as both of your postings seem to have interesting new logic to solve the sudoku's.
novice

Postby Animator » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:24 am

If you want to take to a single person then you should send that person a Private Message.

Below the post of each person there are some buttons. One of it has the letters 'PM'. Click it.

(There are other ways to send a PM as well but I assume that this is the easiest for you...)
Animator

Postby tarek » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:43 am

I'm happy to answer any question, however I think that there are people on these forums who have been in touch with sudoku longer that I have, & who helped explaining things to people more than I have.

Some of the topics here are a bit hard to chew at times. but you should find nearly everything here. Was it tso who said that advanced google search is one way of searching these forums topics (the makes his name sound like an ancient oriental wise man:D ) ???

If you have any questions after that, I'm sure If you address it to everyone, then whoever is around would be delighted to answer.
tarek

Postby Crazy Girl » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:28 pm

Novice,
I haven't recieved your email, if you want to reply to a post in a Thread(New topic) then at the bottom of the page is a button 'post reply'

Hope this is of help:D
Crazy Girl

Return to Advanced solving techniques