Dan's puzzles?

Post puzzles for others to solve here.

Dan's puzzles?

Postby enxio27 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Where are all these "Dan's" puzzles (Dan's Deliriious, Dan's Delight, etc.) coming from? There's no attribution here in the forum, and Google was no help.
enxio27

Re: Dan's puzzles?

Postby ArkieTech » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 pm

enxio27 wrote:Where are all these "Dan's" puzzles (Dan's Deliriious, Dan's Delight, etc.) coming from? There's no attribution here in the forum, and Google was no help.

Puzzles were generated from several software tools. They were not acquired from published sources.
dan
ArkieTech

Postby enxio27 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 pm

ArkieTech wrote:Puzzles were generated from several software tools. They were not acquired from published sources.

So you generate them yourself for posting here? That would explain why I couldn't find them anywhere else. :) I was wondering whether they might be another source of puzzles for me to play with. (I'm still a beginner compared to most here, though--the most difficult technique I've mastered is swordfish.)
enxio27

Postby ArkieTech » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:24 pm

enxio27 wrote: I was wondering whether they might be another source of puzzles for me to play with. (I'm still a beginner compared to most here, though--the most difficult technique I've mastered is swordfish.)

Play away!
dan
ArkieTech

Postby Marty R. » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:32 am

enxio27 wrote:
ArkieTech wrote:Puzzles were generated from several software tools. They were not acquired from published sources.

So you generate them yourself for posting here? That would explain why I couldn't find them anywhere else. :) I was wondering whether they might be another source of puzzles for me to play with. (I'm still a beginner compared to most here, though--the most difficult technique I've mastered is swordfish.)

By all means, play them, post your solutions and ask questions. I've been on Sudoku forums for 7+ years and I've learned more there than from any other source of information. In fact, if you do puzzles other than Dan's and get stuck, I'd encourage you to post your grid and ask questions.
Marty R.

Postby enxio27 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Just looking at the Dan puzzles and walk-throughs posted so far, I'm thinking they're way past my current skill set. Lately, I haven't been working very many "vanilla" puzzles anyway, preferring variants and multi-grid puzzles. I do have one GTLT that I'm stuck on, so maybe I'll post that, since I haven't found any software that can handle those to give me hints.
enxio27

Return to Puzzles