Check your progress without cheating

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Check your progress without cheating

Postby granville » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:57 am

I found a pretty good site that lets you check your progress in a sudoku without giving you any answers for any squares. This way you don't have to cheat to see if you've gone wrong.

www.sudokuchecker.com

I was wondering if there were any better sudoku checker/solver sites

Granville the old
granville

Postby tso » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:51 pm

Sudoku Susser will check the validity of your progress without giving any hints. Several of the Palm versions of Suduko have this feature as well.
tso

Postby granville » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:39 am

Hmmm, yeh, I dont want to download software though really, I always seem to have got adware and whoknowswhatelse running on my system when I've done that in the past. I'm always very wary of so-called "free" software. Even when you pay for it downloaded software can have spyware tagged onto to it by the distributor so the author wouldn't even know. (Of course, this isn't always the case!)

Are there any other decent online checkers other than www.sudokuchecker.com?
granville

Postby tso » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:42 pm

The best I know of is Paul's Page's.

http://www.paulspages.co.uk/sudoku/

I think your fears are unwaranted regarding Sudoku Susser, Simple Sudoku, SadMan Sudoku, Turbo Sudoku -- and obviously Pappocom Sudoku -- all of which have been in use by many in these forums for sometime now without complaint. Not to scare you, but you can get malicious code from a website without old-style downloading and installing software.
tso

Postby hawaiirob » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:52 am

www.sudokuhints.com can check your answers. Just turn on the Checking checkbox. It has three grid sizes, four print sizes, unlimited Undo/Redo, and lots of other features too. Nothing to download.
hawaiirob

Return to General