Best way to get capable Sudoku hand held?

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Best way to get capable Sudoku hand held?

Postby starsailor » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Sorry if there is another thread about this, but I couldn't find one. I'd like a capable hand held sudoku device. By capable it should be able to compute and display all candidates at any stage -- either automatically with turn off option, or by request (like DailySudoku sweep function).

Best option I have come up with is a PDA with Astraware software. Is there a better or cheaper way to go?
starsailor

Postby Smythe Dakota » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:13 pm

Some posters in other threads have complained about the quality of hand-held sudoku devices.

It might be similar to buying cheap software. A year or two ago, my wife bought me a $2 program from Walgreens, but it's full of bugs and undesirable features. The worst bug is that about 20% of the supplied puzzles have multiple solutions.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby JL » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:19 pm

I got two different handheld sudoku games for Christmas. One of them kept spitting out bad puzzles and eventually met with the trash can. In retrospect I should've sent it to Tom Dickson of willitblend.com fame.

The other one does better (haven't had an invalid puzzle yet), but...ehh...I'd rather just play sudoku on the computer. It has, however, generated some mean puzzles.
JL

Return to General