Apps for Andriod

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Apps for Andriod

Postby Yogi » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:35 am

Last year a member suggested the apps Andoku, Sudoku10,000 and Free Sudoku 1021 were suitable for downloading to Android devices.
Unfortunately it seems that Andoku, the one I did download, cannot import the code of a chosen puzzle the way most of the apps for pc do. As far as I can see the only way to get an outside puzzle into Andoku is to photograph it, which requires a picture, or to manually enter the digits, and most of the puzzles I do come from the Net.
Does anyone know of a way to import a code into any of these apps, please? Or are there other more suitable apps?
Thanx.
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Apps for Android

Postby Yogi » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:24 pm

So none of you do Sudoku on Android devices ?
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Re: Apps for Andriod

Postby StrmCkr » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:27 am

Nope
Last edited by StrmCkr on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some do, some teach, the rest look it up.
stormdoku
StrmCkr

Postby dxSudoku » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:47 pm

A friend of mine has been praising Andoku3. I have an iphone and can't find it. It may be available to you.
dxSudoku

Postby dxSudoku » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:32 am

I just did a user guide tutorial video on Andoku 3 in anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lj7WI9Tcsw
dxSudoku

Postby Hajime » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:20 pm

I did not find an import function in Andoku3.
Hajime

Postby Pupp » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:45 am

I use 10,000 Sudoku, the paid version. I think the only difference is you get rid of the adverts, compared to the free version.

I use Vistology also. It's sorta fun, but the adverts are annoying and you can only rent the app in 3 month intervals. It's frustrating. You'd think the devs would have some sort of pay once to get rid of adverts forever. Price wise, it's like $5 for 3 months, so it's reasonable, but it's still a subscription, which I hate. Vistology would be 10x more fun without adverts.

Been browsing around looking for a sudoku program that does a good job of tutoring too. I think I found one, but haven't had a chance to install it yet, so I'm not going to say the name of the program.
Pupp

Postby enxio27 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:32 pm

I have several sudoku apps installed on my Android phone: Andoku 2 Free, OpenSudoku, Sudoku 10,000 Free, Sudoku 10000, Sudoku 2Go, Sudoku Daily (by the host of this forum), Sudoku Grab'n'Play, and Sudoku 4ever Free. I've tested them all and like each of them for different reasons, but to be honest, it's been a long time since I used any of them. (Didn't even know there was an Andoku 3.) I'm pretty much a pencil-and-paper solver, and the only reason I have those on my phone is in case I'm stuck waiting somewhere with absolutely NOTHING else to do except play on my phone. (I also have the full set of Angry Birds games for the same reason.) In reality, in those times I usually opt for a few games of Klondike solitaire instead, or a few lessons on one of my language apps (I'm working on German and Japanese.)
enxio27

Postby Pupp » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:26 pm

I've never been a pen an paper solver. Hell, I even own a Kobo eReader.
Pupp

Postby Yogi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:49 pm

dxSudoku wrote:
I just did a user guide tutorial video on Andoku 3 in anyone is interested?
Sure. I have acquired a paid ad-free copy of this app and watched the tutorial. It describes how to highlight all instances of a given candidate to help find hidden singles and CPs, etc. But my app won't do this. Anyone know how to turn on that function?
Yogi
2017 Supporter

Postby Pupp » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:21 am

I use Sudoku 10,000

I side loaded:

Beyond Nightmare
Top 50000 (which apparently has 100,000 puzzles)
AlmostDN
Superiors
Learning Curve
No Ponies
I got several of the files from Sudocue

The trick is to figure out how to side load the files. You need a decent file manager to do it. I use Amaze, which is free from the Google Play store.

It's impossible to side load more game files using a phone's default file manager, which really is too limited to be called a file manager.

Just click file in Amaze, and choose "open with", and select Sudoku 10,000.

I use Sudoku 10,000 Pro, so not sure in the free version allows importing more game files.

If you get those loaded, email the devs and ask them to support the file format that the 6000 Pearls collection is in.

When I get my desktop back from the repair shop, I'll see if I have the 17 clue collection. It's impossible to find the file on tye internet now. I'm about 90% sure it's on.my desktop... if I can find it. lol. No idea what format that collection is in.

If I do, I'll see if Sudocue will put the collection on their website.
Last edited by Pupp on Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pupp

Postby Pupp » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:42 am

I tried to side load a puzzle collection in Andoku 3, but the app isn't even listed as a program that can open any external file.
Pupp

Return to General