Apathy

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

Apathy

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:38 pm

I am now finding that if I solve puzzles from just one source, after a certain length of time (I'm not sure how long exactly but it's definitely months) I get bored with these particular puzzles and move on to a new source. The puzzles I am doing are easy level, and thus readily available, so there is no shortage of them and I'm aware of the reliable sources of said puzzles but I was wondering if anybody else was affected by this?

*I started off doing Daily Mail, then Pappocom, then Nikoli and now just moved on to Pete Sinden.*

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Re: Apathy

Postby Cec » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:37 am

lunababy_moonchild wrote:I am now finding that if I solve puzzles from just one source, after a certain length of time (I'm not sure how long exactly but it's definitely months) I get bored with these particular puzzles and move on to a new source.

Hi Luna. I applaud your frank disclosure and suspect you are not alone in thinking this way - whilst at times having similar thoughts myself I'm fortunate that there's still a lot more for me to learn which hopefully will prolong my interest in Sudoku.

This feeling is akin to how I felt in my younger days when venturing on hikes to reach the top of mountains and left in awe at the wonderful view. Thinking about it, the most enjoyable part was the journey to reach the top rather than the destination. At my age, such hikes are out of the question so I turned to other interests including bonsai plants and - would you believe it - I took up golf!. Good luck with your journey.

Cec
Cec

Return to General