Anyone familiar with www.howtosolveeverysudokupuzzle.com

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

Anyone familiar with www.howtosolveeverysudokupuzzle.com

Postby pmlabrier » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:19 pm

Anyone familiar with the e-book sold at Anyone familiar with http://www.howtosolveeverysudokupuzzle.com/bg_enthusiast.php? They are asking $17 for it. I was wondering if it was all they claim it to be or if it was someone taking advantage of Sudoku's popularity?

Thanks

Paul
pmlabrier

Postby angusj » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 pm

angusj

Postby Cec » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:07 am

angusj wrote:caveat emptor!

By way of interest what does "caveat emptor" mean?.

Cec
Cec

Postby angusj » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:13 am

cecbevwr wrote:By way of interest what does "caveat emptor" mean?.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

:D
angusj

Postby ctettam9 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:51 am

Anyone familiar with the e-book sold at Anyone familiar with http://www.howtosolveeverysudokupuzzle.com/bg_enthusiast.php? They are asking $17 for it. I was wondering if it was all they claim it to be or if it was someone taking advantage of Sudoku's popularity?

Thanks

Paul

I finally contacted Harvey this morning and emailed him (from an email that the publisher gave me)...and asked him for my money back.....HE GAVE IT!!! He is a man of his word and backs his guarantee! No questions asked or anything. I thanked him and went on my way.....

I would say that the first 3/4 of the book is the "history" of sudoku and BASIC solving techniques. The final two pages were the most helpful as they were links to sites regarding sudoku. Also, there was a link to his site that had a "solver"....put in your numbers and voila....the answer. (Just like any $10 sudoku program).

Overall, there is nothing in the ebook that you couldn't ask or find here.

Here is the deal....if you can wait a month to get your money back, order it and ask for your money back....he does state a 100% money back guarantee.

If you already bought it and you need his "personal" email addy (to get your money back) let me know....

Chris
ctettam9

Postby Cec » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:19 am

Thanks angus for your above response.
Cec

ctettam9 wrote:".......Here is the deal....if you can wait a month to get your money back, order it and ask for your money back....he does state a 100% money back guarantee......"

Chris

Hardly seems a "deal". If you intend asking for your money back prior to placing your order why would you order the product in the first place?. Seems a case of "caveat venditor".

Cec
Cec

Postby 9X9 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:07 pm

For those who haven't met it before and don't want to go to Wiki, the principle of "caveat emptor" figures strongly in English (and other?) commercial law. It is the latin for "let the buyer beware" and seeks to establish which aspects of certain sale and purchase transactions are the purchaser's not the vendor's responsibility.
9X9

Postby ctettam9 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:07 pm

Hardly seems a "deal". If you intend asking for your money back prior to placing your order why would you order the product in the first place?. Seems a case of "caveat venditor".

I didn't intend to ask for my money back when I placed my order....I just felt the bulk of the ebook was mostly "fluff" (up to at least page 83). It included of the 112 pages:

1. Cover sheet and table of contents (pages 1 to 3)
2. History of sudoku and general info on the puzzles (4 to 15)
3. Basic solving techniques (16 to 44)
4. More basic solving techniques with lots of 4x4 puzzles (45 to 64)
5. More basic solving techniques with lots of 9x9 puzzles (65 to 77)
6. Intermediate solving techniques with 9x9 puzzles (78 to 83)
7. Advanced solving techniques with 9x9 puzzles (84 to 98)
8. Misc stuff (99 to 110)
9. Website resources (111 to 112)

Is it worth $17??? If you are an intermediate to expert solver, no....if you are a beginner, then probably. It does have a LOT of information.

Chris
ctettam9

Anyone familiar with www.howtosolveeverysudukopuzzle

Postby Cec » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:51 am

ctettam9 wrote:"I didn't intend to ask for my money back when I placed my order....I just felt the bulk of the ebook was mostly "fluff"....."

This now seems a reasonable explanation for why you sought a refund. Your summary of what's in the ebook could help others contemplating placing an order but I do wonder about paying to learn sudoku knowledge which is already available free on this forum

Cec
Cec

Return to Advanced solving techniques