Any interest in a 16x16 solver assistant?

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

Any interest in a 16x16 solver assistant?

Postby ozbod » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:07 am

Hi all,

Have been enjoying Sudoku now for a little while but have moved into the 16x16 sphere (my local paper produces one once a week but it's just not enough !!!). I have written a spreadsheet that looks at the way I look at the puzzles but some friends/relatives have mentioned that others may be interested (aka Net Sudoku fans). Please note that this is (as I call it) an "Assistant" to help solve the puzzle, not a solver program (where the heck would be the fun otherwise). If in doubt throw the puzzle into the many "Solve It Without A Clue" programs

I have built in the ability to import puzzles from the Program - Sudoku Unlimited (from the save files) but am awaiting their OK if this functionality is OK to include as a freeware release.

Anyhow, I am just testing the waters to see if there is any interest out there before I tidy up the loose ends.

Cheers

OzBod
ozbod

Postby deKoven » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:54 pm

I'd be interested but only in a stand-alone proggie, not interested at all in an on-line system. I don't like to stay online all day to solve puzzles.

:D
deKoven

yep, it's stand alone

Postby ozbod » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:29 pm

The proggie is an Excel spreadsheet

If you would like a beta version just email me at

ozbod@tpg.com.au

Certain aspects are disables (as per my previous post) but will give you an indication of how it works

Cheers

OzBod
ozbod

Return to Software