Has Jason abandoned the Android app?

Last update was 9DEC15.

Love the app but have a feeling it will not function when Android OS
updates in the future...

Brian
Tonyco55

Re: Android Enjoy Sudoku app

Postby JasonLion-Admin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:13 pm

No new features are planned, but I am still maintaining the app, though slowly.
JasonLion-Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tonyco55 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:20 pm

Doesn't really need new features, just updating for the newer Android versions as they come out....

Thanks Jason!
Tonyco55

Postby jco » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am

Hello,

I also cannot suggest improvements because it is already excellent!
IMHO one of the best Apps available for Sudoku.

Best regards,
jco
JCO
jco

Postby enxio27 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:50 am

Can it be installed on Android without using G00gle?
enxio27

Postby JasonLion » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41 pm

enxio27 wrote:Can it be installed on Android without using G00gle?

No, it is exclusively available through the Play Store, Sorry.

Jason
JasonLion
2017 Supporter

Postby Shown » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am

JasonLion wrote:
enxio27 wrote:Can it be installed on Android without using G00gle?

No, it is exclusively available through the Play Store, Sorry.

Jason

I have been having a small issue with this app since I have updated my Android phone.

App was working fine before updating the phone, but since the phone has been updated
From then on, whenever I try to open it, it starts glitching and crashing.

Any help would be appreciated.

{spam "signature" removed}
Shown

Postby Pupp » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:26 am

I checked out Enjoy Sudoku app.

I wasn't personally impressed with it. I think Sudoku 10,000 is a better app, but it's not an app designed to teach sudoku. There are far better apps.

But as a straight, no frills sudoku app, Sudoku 10,000 pretty much covers nearly any feature you think that should be on every well designed sudoku app.

That being said, Enjoy Sudoku hits all the necessary points in an app. Can't remember offhand how well it teaches Sudoku though.

Sudoku 10,000 is geared toward the more serious player, so it's less user friendly than most apps.

Most sudoku apps are geared for a more casual player so the interface is more friendly. Not an "everything plus the kitchen sink" app.

if your new to Sudoku, then Enjoy Sudoku is a good entryway, and could easily be the only sudoku app you'll ever need.

I do want to mention that the hint feature on Sudoku 10,000 is utterly useles. A bit of a critical sticking point in my opinion. I sort of recommend it for beginners, but only for it's gentle curve in difficulty. It sorta ramps up about Advanced 4 though.
Last edited by Pupp on Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pupp

Postby Pupp » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:48 am

If there was a single feature request:

Make it so people can save thier game moves and save it as a text file.

There are occasionsal students and researchers that are desperate to figure out how differently skilled players solve test puzzles.
What techniques a more skilled player would use compared to less skilled players. There are many sudoku problems that are, like, 2.5SE that can be solved with trivial techniques, yet have ample room to use more advanced techniques that seriously speed up the time it taked to solve the puzzle.
Pupp

Postby riezebosch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:23 pm

Pupp wrote:If there was a single feature request:

There are occasionsal students and researchers that are desperate to figure out how differently skilled players solve test puzzles.
What techniques a more skilled player would use compared to less skilled players. There are many sudoku problems that are, like, 2.5SE that can be solved with trivial techniques, yet have ample room to use more advanced techniques that seriously speed up the time it taked to solve the puzzle.

FWIW: I hope my multiplayer sudoku will takeoff someday and that will yield interesting results I'd be happy to share. I've implemented it as an Event Driven Architecture or Event Sourcing solution, meaning only all interactions with the game are distributed and stored and every time a game is opened the state is recalculated from given events. This would give all information you're looking for since every event is also provided with a timestamp so that you can calculate the actual time spent on the board or a move.

I've opened a new post in the software topic.
riezebosch

Postby KurtGarza » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:53 am

There are many social sharing groups on whatsapp to understand more about Sudoku on android.

{spam link removed}
KurtGarza

Postby garyysmirht » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:35 pm

Tonyco55 wrote:Hi,

{spam link removed}

Last update was 9DEC15.

updates in the future...

Brian

yeah, i also feel like this. i think there is problem in my side but ....
garyysmirht

Postby Smith21 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:47 pm

Tonyco55 wrote:Hi,

{spam link removed}

Last update was 9DEC15.

updates in the future...

Brian

Yes, you can check out the other information about it. OR update it, you can easily fix the bugs.
Smith21

Postby jackwilson » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:04 am

riezebosch wrote:
Pupp wrote:If there was a single feature request:

FWIW: I hope my multiplayer sudoku will takeoff someday and that will yield interesting results I'd be happy to share. I've implemented it as an Event Driven Architecture or Event Sourcing solution, meaning only all interactions with the game are distributed and stored and every time a game is opened the state is recalculated from given events. This would give all information you're looking for since every event is also provided with a timestamp so that you can calculate the actual time spent on the board or a move.

I've opened a new post { spam link removed } in the software topic.

I have visit that post and it amazing post which I really like to read because which sudoku app info you have shared on that post it is amazing...thanks....
jackwilson

Postby 1to9only » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:34 pm

The 'free' version of the Android EnjoySudoku app is no longer available - probably due to Google's recently announced policy of removing apps with 'few downloads in the past 12 months' and 'hasn't been updated recently'.

The 'paid' version last updated 'Dec 9, 2015' is still available tho - maybe because Google still making money from it...
1to9only

Return to Software