AIC-this is becoming monotonous

Advanced methods and approaches for solving Sudoku puzzles

AIC-this is becoming monotonous

Postby Tony Jermyn » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi

Always thought AIC was under rated so have applied it as often as possible recently. Thing is more often than not it generates a contradiction long before you get to the x cannot be in... and y cannot be in.... etc.

While this often solves it is most frustrating and artificial.

Have others found this to be the case? Have you abandoned the technique for that reason?

Thanks

Tony
Tony Jermyn

Re: AIC-this is becoming monotonous

Postby eleven » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Tony Jermyn wrote:Always thought AIC was under rated so have applied it as often as possible recently. Thing is more often than not it generates a contradiction long before you get to the x cannot be in... and y cannot be in.... etc.

While this often solves it is most frustrating and artificial.
I am not sure what you mean. AIC's never can produce any contradiction. Like in NL they just say, that either the left sides or the right sides of a chain (in AIC the statements immediately left or rigtht of "=") - or both - must be true.

Edit: Ah, i probably see, what you mean. You start with "either this is 3 or that" and before you come to an elimination from the growing AIC, one of the arms of the AIC dies out in a contradiction. This isnt an AIC anymore then, but - yes, this often happens to me (and i have no problem with it).
eleven

AIC

Postby Tony Jermyn » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:58 am

Thanks

Thought it was just me
Tony Jermyn

Return to Advanced solving techniques