Advice

Sudoku puzzles, off-site games and other resources on the Internet

Advice

Postby HannahF » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi, I've created a sudoku website and would like your opinion. In order to solve the sudoku puzzle and enter the contest, visitors must print the sudoku puzzle. My question is do you think my site would attract more visitors if they could play it online, instead of having to print the puzzle? Thanks, Hannah F, SuperSudokuContest@gmail.com
HannahF

Request

Postby HannahF » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:03 am

Hi,

If you have a couple minutes, I would appreciate your help. I have created a Sudoku website and am anxious to find out how it appears on a Macintosh computer and on other platforms – I use Windows 7.

So if you would please click on the following link (my beta test) in “Internet Explorer” or “Safara”, I would like to know two things. First, do all the columns and rows line up OK? And second, can you type a number (from 1 to 9) in the white squares?

http://www.SuperSudokuContest.com/htmlpuzzle.html

I would appreciate if you could email me your answer, cause I can’t always find my post ;-). My address is supersudokucontest@gmail.com.

Thank you so much. I would be grateful for you help.
Hannah
HannahF

Re: Request

Postby Smythe Dakota » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:11 am

HannahF wrote: .... First, do all the columns and rows line up OK? ....

Yes. I am using IE8 on an old computer.

HannahF wrote: .... And second, can you type a number (from 1 to 9) in the white squares? ....

Yes.

I noticed it was extremely easy to solve the three colored cells without solving any other cells first.

You should make the whole diagram just a bit smaller. It doesn't quite fit on the screen (depending how many toolbars are visible at the top).

Bill Smythe
Smythe Dakota

Postby denis_berthier » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 am

HannahF wrote:I would like to know two things. First, do all the columns and rows line up OK? And second, can you type a number (from 1 to 9) in the white squares?

Negative answer to both questions with Safari on MacBookPro Retina 15" : the central floor appears shorter than the outer two. Impossible to type a digit.
Cheers
denis_berthier
2010 Supporter

Postby HannahF » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the information.

HannahF

Smythe Dakota wrote:
HannahF wrote: .... First, do all the columns and rows line up OK? ....

Yes. I am using IE8 on an old computer.

HannahF wrote: .... And second, can you type a number (from 1 to 9) in the white squares? ....

Yes.

I noticed it was extremely easy to solve the three colored cells without solving any other cells first.

You should make the whole diagram just a bit smaller. It doesn't quite fit on the screen (depending how many toolbars are visible at the top).

Bill Smythe
HannahF

Postby HannahF » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the information.
HannahF

denis_berthier wrote:
HannahF wrote:I would like to know two things. First, do all the columns and rows line up OK? And second, can you type a number (from 1 to 9) in the white squares?

Negative answer to both questions with Safari on MacBookPro Retina 15" : the central floor appears shorter than the outer two. Impossible to type a digit.
Cheers
HannahF

Question

Postby HannahF » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 am

Hi,
I have a question about the sudoku website I created, http://www.SudokuLottery.com/puzzlehard.html. Viewers can only input numbers if they view it with Internet Explorer. My site doesn’t work with Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Do you have any suggestions for how I can get it to work in those browsers. I created the puzzle with html code. I would greatly appreciate any ideas you can offer.
Thanks,
HannahF
HannahF

Return to On the web