About sudoku

Everything about Sudoku that doesn't fit in one of the other sections

About sudoku

Postby Chessmaster » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:18 pm

if i ask my friends about sudoku they did not know what it was. how can you not know.
Chessmaster

Postby Shazbot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:41 pm

:Dif you're an ostrich and keep your head in the sand?
Shazbot

Postby Hud » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:44 am

I've been wondering about this as well. When I worked, I layed out circuit boards for computers and related equipment, and some of the basic techniques were similar to Suboku. I guess I enjoyed that work since many people I know say they had enough of that kind of stuff when they worked.
Good or bad, I guess we're a special (different?) breed.
Hud

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:50 am

There is nothing good or bad about it. You enjoy Sudoku, you're friends don't. That's all there is to it. I enjoy different things to that which my friends enjoy but that's what makes us interesting. If we all did the same thing in the same way all of the time we'd become the extremely boring, very rapidly and we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Are you sure that your friends aren't secretely envious that you know how to do Sudoku? I've met that attitude before. And, I must admit, I'm the first person to be wholly unimpressed by the latest craze to sweep the nation and thus deliberately avoid it (I started doing Sudoku on 15th November 2004, when it was called numberplace - in the Daily Mail - three days after the first puzzle appeared in the London Times. At that time it was totally unknown).

It is my personal opinion that we should celebrate our differences and be grateful for that which we have in common.

Luna
lunababy_moonchild

Postby Pappocom » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:03 pm

I think the Daily Mail called their quick imitation "Code Number", but of course they now acknowledge that it's sudoku.

- Wayne
Pappocom

Postby lunababy_moonchild » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:27 pm

Indeed it was. My mistake.

Thanks

Luna:D
lunababy_moonchild

Return to General