15 x 15 ??

Programs which generate, solve, and analyze Sudoku puzzles

15 x 15 ??

Postby Hero II » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:08 am

is there a solver program out yet that works for the 15 x 15 sudoku puzzles?

if so wat is the site to download it from.
Hero II

Postby scrose » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:23 pm

rubylips' command-line solver can solve 15x15 puzzles. In fact, I believe it is capable of solving grids of any size. You will need to download the binaries to use the command-line apps.
scrose

Thx, but

Postby Hero II » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:22 am

thx for the site and all, but how to i get it up and running, i downloaded the 3 items at the top of the page when i clicked on ur link for, u might need to download the binaries but i not sure on how u use the program, can u explain how to get it started.
Hero II

Postby scrose » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:25 pm

The only file you need to download is the .jar file. As I write this, the most recent .jar file is sudoku_binary_R1_18.jar.

Did you read the instructions for the Solver app and in the FAQ?

The other option is to use the Pappocom software. You could create a library book that contains one or more 15x15 puzzles. Open the puzzle book in the program, select and open the puzzle you want to solve, and go to Edit > Show Solution.
scrose

Ok...but

Postby Hero II » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:28 am

ok, i found it but it is not the type i was looking for, hav u guys seen the sadman one thats out. i found that really easy to use, is there a program out similar to that one where it shows the effects of the numbers tahts free to use and download that does the 15x15 sudoku puzzles.
Hero II

Postby scrose » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:38 am

Please tell me if I understand what it is that you are looking for. You're not actually looking for a solver; you're looking for something that automatically handles pencilmarks.

If that is the case, I have not seen such a program that supports a 15x15 grid. Which is not to say that one does not exist; I have simply not encountered one.

Have you tried contacting the SadMan Sudoku author (simes) to suggest that he expand his program to handle grids of different sizes?
scrose

Return to Software